12 December 2008

The 12 Days of Teamas: Day 2

For any tea novices on your list, soothe their anxieties about making a cup with the expansive Harney and Sons guide to tea gift set ($75).

It includes the fascinating little book A Guide to Tea, which I have and refer to frequently, and a foolproof kit for perfect brewing, including three types of loose tea that are highlighted in the book, a measuring spoon and an instant-read thermometer.

Only an idiot could screw up a cup of tea after receiving this gift. (You may want to keep that in mind, and adjust your expectations of your next recipient-made cup accordingly.)

Don't forget to enter the Tea Spot giveaway!

Just leave a comment on any of The 12 Days of Teamas posts by December 15th, and tell me your favorite tea to give or receive. After I consult my numerologist to pick a random number, Numi's fabulous flowering tea gift set could be yours, absolutely free.

3 comments:

cha sen said...

My favorite tea to drink ( and to receive as a gift) is lotus green tea. Ah! the aroma from that nectar is heavenly.

Paul said...

Please give me old-fashioned Earl Grey! I learned to love it on my first trip to England (the first time I realized that tea does not grow in tiny bags with a string).

Bonbon Oiseau said...

looks like a good book...