25 July 2008

You Can Eat Cake


The best pound cake known to mankind was served this morning, to much delight- I just cut the slices in the kitchen and brought them to the table, so my friend didn't realize that half the cake made in her honor was already gone.

Served with a simple, cold-brewed summer iced tea, it was one of the best breakfasts I've had in ages. I think she'll agree. And if not, then it's out on the street with her.



Iced Mint-Honey Tea

Set 5-6 tablespoons Darjeeling tea in 6-8 cups of water overnight, or at least 10 hours, with two sprigs fresh mint.

Remove tea and add half a lemon, sliced, and 3 tablespoons honey. Serve over ice and more mint, if desired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pac sighting, 2nd pic! I see ears!

Anonymous said...

let me eat cake

Anonymous said...

I am the "friend" here. And let me tell you that the cake changed my life. Shortly after eating the cake, I found $147 lying on the sidewalk, got a new job, and finished that novel I've been working on. Amazing!

ana dane said...

and what about those red shoes?

also, that may be a cat in the top photo. unfortunately, due to new blog legislation, i cannot confirm or deny a feline presence.